$1800.00 WTHeck

View previous topic View next topic Go down

$1800.00 WTHeck

Post by Noone is forgotten on Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:14 pm

So, This is really just venting, but its venting about finances, so it applies, lol. I go to a lawyer's office for a consultation. Custody dispute, blah, blah. He has a $1200. retainer and would require $600 just to start and then make payments. Court is April 21st, so the $600 would be due before then. I received my electric bill 2 weeks ago, another $600, $440, to keep it from getting shut off on the 25th. Not to mention the other appointment I had today which also gave me a $600 bill.

Is there any direction I can turn my noggin and not get a $600 bill, OMGodness! I'm so over it already. I'll take a glass of wine now  drunken 

Noone is forgotten
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: $1800.00 WTHeck

Post by Guest on Wed May 07, 2014 8:52 pm

I'm so sorry it's hitting you from all directions. I don't think it's just you though. I know it's been true for me and many others I know. Life is just expensive and most of us don't have stacks of money laying around to pay lawyer's fees. One of my biggest regrets is getting married and allowing my ex to convince me not to go to Law School. I would probably go broke though as I would represent people even if they couldn't afford to pay me. ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Noone is forgotten on Mon May 12, 2014 8:10 am

That would be me, lol

Noone is forgotten
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down