Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this common ?

2 posters

Go down

Is this common ? Empty Is this common ?

Post by Noone is forgotten Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:25 pm

So I figured I would start some stuff on this new, awesome forum, that Mj has been so kind in creating! Hive Five Chicka! Anyways back on topic.

I am having my youngest tested for ADD / ADHD, and his doctor sent home the normal screening for myself and his teacher to fill out. He also sent a prescription for "Physcometric" testing to be done at the school. His teacher send the script back home with a note saying, the school does not do that  Question 

I know nothing about it, so I take her at her word. We go back to the doctors yesterday to hand in the other screening that myself and his teacher had filled out, and he asked about the script. I told him what his teacher told me. He said she LIED, that every school had a department for that kind of testing.

So I'm thinking,  No , Why would a teacher lie about it?

Noone is forgotten
Admin

Back to top Go down

Is this common ? Empty Re: Is this common ?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:41 pm

I would suggest calling the school Guidance Counselor for direction. I doubt the teacher intentionally lied or tried to mislead you. She probably could have done more than just send a note home, but, as is often the case, we have to be our child's biggest advocate! Try the GC and if you still get nowhere, go to the top and contact the Principal or School District. Somebody has to provide adequate answers.

Let us know how it goes,
MJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Noone is forgotten Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:23 pm

mommyandmeandme wrote:I would suggest calling the school Guidance Counselor for direction. I doubt the teacher intentionally lied or tried to mislead you. She probably could have done more than just send a note home, but, as is often the case, we have to be our child's biggest advocate! Try the GC and if you still get nowhere, go to the top and contact the Principal or School District. Somebody has to provide adequate answers.

Let us know how it goes,
MJ

Well, we had the doctors appointment yesterday and it's not anything to be concerned about at this time. He has some tendencies, but not so sever that medication would be required. So, thankfully!, Not a road I'm traveling at this time, and hopefully never have to. The doctor recommended supervising his behavior and noting unusual tendencies he might display. His last report card (compared to others) was a TREMENDOUS improvement! Talk about happy dancing all around the house! He brought his reading and comprehension grade from last semester 40% to this semester 90% which was also the same for his phonics grades from 50% to 90%. He has always accelerated in math, and has brought home 100% in every semester. I'm super proud of my youngin!

Noone is forgotten
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:29 pm

That is wonderful news! I am glad he is doing so well with his studies. I'm doing the "happy dance" with you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jmana Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:57 pm

I don't think the doctor knows what he is talking about. For ADD screening you just need the questionnaires filled out, the doctor then figures out if he or she has ADD. At least that's how it was a few years ago when my son got screened. The schools do test for things as part of the IEP program, but ADD isn't one of them, it's more things like dyslexia.

Jmana

Back to top Go down

Post by Noone is forgotten Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:03 pm

Ah, that makes sense. I still think he is too young for a screening like that though. He has made a great deal of improvement!

Noone is forgotten
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jmana Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:51 pm

Noone is forgotten wrote:Ah, that makes sense. I still think he is too young for a screening like that though. He has made a great deal of improvement!
Yeah don't mess with a good thing! Parents are too quick to put their kids on meds in my opinion. If he is able to improve without them, that is excellent!

Jmana

Back to top Go down

Post by Noone is forgotten Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:59 pm

Jmana wrote:
Noone is forgotten wrote:Ah, that makes sense. I still think he is too young for a screening like that though. He has made a great deal of improvement!
Yeah don't mess with a good thing!  Parents are too quick to put their kids on meds in my opinion.  If he is able to improve without them, that is excellent!

Oh, no no no, I am completely anti meds! I would assume there are other ways of coping instead of doping  Wink 

Noone is forgotten
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum